BEST RECIPES FOR
Garlic is fl avor powerhouse, sure to amplify any dish.
Garlic lovers, follow the recipes below if you love the
delicious aroma and depth of fl avor of this benefi cial
Garlic-Rosemary Chicken (Serves 2)
• salt-1 tsp. • olive oil-5 tbs.
• garlic-5 cloves • white wine-2-3 cups
• rosemary-2 tbs. • chicken-5 thighs
• Large pan (cast iron)
1. Arrange your chicken in the pan, skin side down with
your olive oil on the bottom to keep from sticking.
2. Crush your garlic cloves in the press.
3. With a knife or the bottom of a spoon, spread the
pressed garlic over your chicken.
4. Add salt and Rosemary on top.
5. Cook on high heat for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Check to see that your chicken has browned, and then
reduce the heat to medium.
7. Add wine.
8. After another 10 minutes, turn the chicken over with
the skin side down.
9. Add more wine.
10. After about another 10 minutes, scrape the pan and
get those juices on the bottom to baste the chicken. The
wine will evaporate so you need to add more when there
is only a little left.
11. Continue cooking on medium heat for another 20
minutes, basting in between another couple of times.
Broccoli Rabe (Serves-4 people as a side)
• garlic-5 cloves • white wine-1 cup
• olive oil-1/4 cup • gorgonzola cheese-1/2 cup
• salt-optional-1/8 tsp • broccoli rabe-large bunch
1. Wash broccoli rabe thoroughly.
2. Place wet into a large soup pan.
3. Put the heat on medium and cook for about 10
minutes. It will shrink down incredibly.
4. Add olive oil, cloves of pressed garlic and wine.
5. Cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat.
6. At the end, add gorgonzola cheese bits. You can
either by the cheese already broken into small pieces
(which is what I do) or you can buy it in a block and
break it up yourself.
7. Salt to taste. Salt is optional because the gorgonzola
is very salty.
READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE ON
30+ YEARS IN
EXPERT PAVING, MASONRY
AND ASPHALT SERVICES
$2,000 OR MORE
Fasco Asphalt Paving
Continues to serve Long Island with a
commitment to service and value since
1988. Whether you require quality masonry
services, cobblestone specialties or asphalt
paving, we have the expertise to get the job
done right the fi rst time - guaranteeing our
work and your satisfaction.
FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED
133 Old Northport Road, Kings Park
www.fascopaving.com • Residential/Commercial
LICENSED/INSURED • SUFFOLK, #20864-HI • NASSAU, #H2302490000
Fasco Asphalt Paving
Pennysaver- April 25, 2019 Powered by PennysaverPlus.com ! 204 Deer Park-Dix Hills - Pg 27