- Street: 210 Main Street
- City: Farmingdale
- State: New York
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 11735
- Region: North East
- Listed: June 8, 2021 1:31 pm
- Expires: 1 day, 14 hours
Farmingdale Meat Market / Main Street Wholesale Meats, family owned and operated since 1946, is looking for Retail Butchers to join their team!
Our butchers are responsible for cutting, trimming, and preparing portions of meat for use in our retail store.
– Serves and assists customers at the counter explaining the products flavor, taste and how they are prepared from personal knowledge and training
– Maintains and stocks product in display units
– Cuts, trims, de-bones, ties, and grinds meats, using butcher’s cutlery and powered equipment (as needed), such as electric grinder and band saw, to portion and prepare meat in cooking form.
– Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings
– Tends electric grinder to grind meat if needed
– Shapes and ties roasts
– Follows all guidelines and procedures as outlined in the health and safety policy manual
– Farmingdale Meat Market, Inc. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
– At least 3 years of related experience
– Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
– Ability to perform physical requirements of position including working in colder temperatures
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
– Strong verbal skills
– Experience with cutting equipment (grinders, band saws, etc.) a must
– Basic math skills
– General knowledge of meat products and prime cuts
– Understanding of product dating and inventory control
– Proficient in the use of cutting equipment
– Excellent customer service
– Knowledge of how to break down parts
– Active listening
– Bilingual a plus
FARMINGDALE MEAT MARKET, INC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
7 total views, 1 today